On Thursday, March 18, 2021, the workshop “How to become a TV announcer” was held online, with the students of the 5th grade of the “Mihai Eminescu” Gymnasium School, coordinated by Mrs. Gusa Georgiana.
The objectives of this workshop were:
- to find out details about the job of TV announcer
- to put into practice what they found out, without fear or inhibitions.
In this workshop, students learned more about the profession of a TV announcer and how to act in front of a camera. After watching some videos and following the instructions of the workshop leader, the students read some ads for TV programs. At their choice, students decided between the roles of TV announcer, cameraman, or editor.
At the beginning, the students gave the definition of the TV announcer job, in their own words:
- a person who announces something, especially someone who introduces or provides information about radio or television programs
- a person who provides information on television or radio
Then, they watched videos in which the children present the news, in shows designed to train young journalists for a future career.
In the end, they chose a news story and presented it in their own style, but taking care to respect the rules they themselves previously stated, completing in the leg the answer to the question: “What are the qualities of a good TV announcer?”:
• Look straight!
• Acts naturally!
• Speak slowly and clearly! Do not rush!
• Everyone will understand you if you speak slowly, as you normally do.
• When you hurry, you are wrong.
The students concluded that being a TV announcer involves a lot of effort, a lot of dedication, a lot of preparation but the result is worth it because it is wonderful to be at ease in front of the cameras! /Denis Peleanu, 6 A/